Perfect Morning

Perfect Morning

Friday, June 24, 2011

BestBeautyTIPS1


In honor of beauty month being June and July....ehh I made tht up. June and July aren't officially beauty month, but they are around here! Plus, there's a very important wedding coming up in July, and summmer screams beauty!

So I have decided to put together my BestBeautyTIPS. and I have asked the beauty experts in my life to share some as well. FUN!

There are SO many rules when it comes to beauty. Or at least it seems that way. I only have two.

#1--If you hear something over and over and over and over and over and over and over from
various beauty experts, friends, family, magazines, etc. LISTEN UP. The best example I can give is sunscreen. EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE is saying to put on that sunscreen and stay out of the sun. Protect your face. I used to hate this tip BUT it is so essential for beautiful, shimmering skin. Suncreen is sexy. Especially at age 50 when you got yourself NOOOO wrinkles. Think about it this way. Where is the softest skin on your body? Your bum, under your arms, and [generally] your stomach. Why? they are the most protected place on your body. They are covered by clothes. Protect your skin. Wear sunscreen. Seriously.



#2--Don't listen to anything you hear. Make your own beauty rules. I love Bobbi Brown make up. I was reading up in her book about eye liner. She said to not put eye liner on the inside of the lash line. I do that. I read another book about make up that said the complete opposite. Just do what you love.

Top 10 foods (or drinks for your skin):

1. First thing in the morning drink a big glass of water with lemon in it.

2. Avocado


3. Green Tea

4. Almonds/nuts

5. Green, leafy veggies--brocoli, spinach, leafs, wheat grass (!)

6. Salmon, salmon, salmon

7. watermelon, peppers, berries

8. olive oil and flaxseed

9. WHOLE grains, not white

10. water, water, water, water,

*an excess of anything is not good, but alcohol, sun, salt and oil is really not good for your skin.

MORE TO COME! top 10 worst things for your skin. bummer summmer....

also, send me your beauty tips! I would love to know and share!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey! It's Ashley, from CBS! Woo hoo! Your blog is super cute!

Alexandra said...

GIRL! I saw your blog and the Betty White photo. YOU GO, GIRL! how fun!! can't wait to hear all about it!

P.S. how do i 'follow' you?

Ashley said...

You have to click the Follow button up on the blue navigation bar at the top!