Perfect Morning

Perfect Morning

Monday, May 30, 2011

Peanuts! Water! Rockies!

I was walking around downtown Denver the other night. Just taking pictures and doin my thing. I walked by this woman yelling,"peanuts, water, soda...50 cents..." She must've been 65 years old. about 20 minutes later I happen to walk by her again. We make eye contact this time and for some reason I stopped. She says, "water?" I thought yea that sounds real nice. So I'm digging and digging in my suitcase of a purse for a single dollar. And I got nothing. Not a single cent. So I asked if she took debit cards. She blankly stared back at me. So then I said, "Well can I write you a check?" Ohhhhhhh nooo she says. Then she begins insisting that I take the water for free.

Sweet Lady: Here take it.
Me: no, let me just keep digging. I'll find some change.
Sweet Lady: no, take water.
Me: So who should I write the check out to?
Sweet Lady: handing me the water
Me: what should I put in the 'memo' section?
Sweet Lady: take water, please? please take my water.
Me: walking away richer than when i got there.

"A plan in the heart of a man is like deep water, but a man of understanding draws it out." Proverbs 20:5

My sweet lady friend was wearing clothes that were torn. She sells peanuts for a living. The only english she knows is peanuts, water and rockies game. And yet she met my need. She has very little, but yet was able to give me exactly what I needed at exactly the right time. She doesn't even know my name. I don't know hers. She gave me the only thing she had. Incredible!

What a picture of edification. When people come in contact with you, they should always leave better than when they got there. Not because of who you are but because of who is INSIDE of you. A leader does not act out of jealousy or pride. The highest compliment is when those around you rise up to a higher place than you. What an honor we have as friends to be able to discern God's carefully crafted qualities and treat each other not as they are but as God created them to be.

Many a times we buy into the lies of the kingdom of darkness. And as friends, we get to rally behind each other, call out the lie the and speak LIFE abundantly over each other. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

so gooooo and love on people. build up! speak truth and love! prophecy over someone's life!

No comments: