Perfect Morning

Perfect Morning

Monday, May 23, 2011

Forgetful Ferguson/Forgiven

I am a huge phone screener. meaning if I don't know who you are and why you are calling I probably won't pick up...especially if you're a number I don't recognize. But then I realized something. I will get anxious about people calling that I don't know who/why they are calling. Let me play out a typical scenario that happened just the other day: Me walking into starbucks. Phone rings. AH! i don't know the number. My brain has a field day. Who is it? why are they calling? Oh gosh, I bet I'm supposed to be somewhere right now. Where am I supposed to be? Oh shoot, I forgot to....blah blah blah.

I am not paranoid, by the way. Not for one second.

There was a time in my life when I was quite forgetful. I was forgetful ferguson. I'm not sure why. Probably didn't know how to manage my time. too much going on, etc. I would forget to be certain place, or call certain people. or do this, that...I remember answering the phone to some not so happy people. So during that time I would get truly anxious to answer the phone. That was at least two years ago, though. Why is it still an issue.

FORGIVENESS RESTORES THE STANDARD.
When you forgive someone, you give away your right to act angry, mad, bitter...because forgiveness restores honor. It brings you right back to "the pinnacle, the high place." that is what repentance is. When you choose to not forgive, you choose to allow yourself to stay in a place of bondage and captivity. How? we waste our time trying to get even or redeem the situation instead of walking in the freedom of who God called you to be. It is an honor to forgive YOURSELF and others.

This may seem small, but I have never forgiven myself for my forgetful ferguson years. NEVER. So all I remember are angry phone calls and missed appointments. That is my standard. So of course my body is going to react in a topsy turby anxious way. But as I have allowed God's grace to cover all. His redeeming blood to go deep, all is wiped clean. all is restored. I can answer the phone knowing that I am the righteousness of Christ and by His glory I am set free. I don't have to live in a prison of torment.

I encourage you to forgive. Forgive those around you. That does not mean you have to trust those who have abused, abandoned, rejected or wounded you, but it does mean you have to release them from your grip. And as you do, chains will be broken off your life and you'll be able to jump a little higher, dance a little longer, sing a little louder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. I think my tattoo tells you how I feel about forgiveness. Not to mention the beautiful power of God that proves that even the worst of those are redeemed, righteous, and set free. When the Creator of the Universe decides not to hold anything against you, it sure does make it easier to let the faults of others go. Love you, Alexandra. ~Carolyn