Perfect Morning

Perfect Morning

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year:New Hope

I was cleaning out my suitcase this morning from a trip that I was just on. I found this old wrapper that held this diet powder that I used to take. A couple years ago, somehow I found myself broken, hopeless and utterly confused. I started taking diet pills. Although this lasted only a couple months, the toll it took on my body and spirit lasted longer.

It was such a sweet moment to hold this old wrapper and think back about what used to be. And stand today with what is. Jesus really is THE Redeemer. There is nothing too big, too small, too insignificant, too broken, too boring, too unthinkable that Daddy God cannot bring back to life.

The best way I can describe my 2011 is Jesus taking a defibrillator to my life and awakening to me to His love. Those couple seconds of shock were a bit painful, exciting and extreme, but my GOSH I am so alive and SO THANKFUL.

I believe that 2012 is the year that Love prevails. As the body of Christ begins to transition into deep relationship with the Father, Love is going to trump hurtful circumstances, painful memories, lifeless dreams, and unsatisfied hearts. This is the year to Hopefully Expect, Radically Risk and Explosively Receive.

Give yourself to Jesus in new measures. If you aren't being challenged, you probably aren't growing.
Instead of making lists of New Year's Resolutions that are self-motivated only because they have not been accomplished for the past 10+ years...Ask Jesus what His Promises are for your life this year. What is He saying, doing and responding to in 2012. Man made resolutions often fail because they are responses to insecurity and inadequacy. BUT God's promises are not done by your strength alone. Only by the blood of Lamb. SOOOO much Grace.

Happy 2012. Oh! the places you all will go!


No comments: