Perfect Morning

Perfect Morning

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

BestBeautyTIPS3




Today is all things FACE. My favorite...

Couple things you just have to do to get that GLOW...no matter the season.

1. Wash your face day and night. As my mother always tell us, "TAKE OFF YOUR MAKEUP." If you don't,
your pores close and can't breathe. LET your skin BREATHE! I have sensitive skin so I had to search around for the best cleanser. I tried the expensive stuff like Chanel's cleanser, and it just made my skin go CRAZY. I use Cetaphil now and love it.

2. Moisturize. We are in Colorado, folks. Most of our skin is dry, dry, dry. That is not good. Your skin flakes and your makeup just totally sucks into your face because it needs moister. There are some great moisturizers out there. I use Kate Somerville's Gentle Skin Moisturizer. L'Octaine also has some excellent products.

3. Ok next. EXFOLIATE. You need to do this twice a week. When you exfoliate, it gets all the
dead skin off so new skin can grow. Don't exfoliate too much though. You're skin will get irritated. This step is KEY to getting that perfect glow. I use Kate Somerville's Exfolikate for
Gentle Skin. I love it.


4. I already went over the stuff to eat in a previous blog. That will drastically improve your skin. A couple things to try and stay away from or at least moderate is:
  • salt
  • processed foods
  • fake sugar...splenda, etc.
  • fried anything
  • smoking
  • alcohol...sorry, don't shoot the messenger. I don't make the rules. A glass of red wine is healthy for you. But like most anything, alcohol and the above mentioned have to be in moderation.
*great rule of thumb. If it is not good for your health, it is not good for your skin. This was an AH-HA moment for me. Your skin is an organ. Don't forget that. What you put in your body comes out. And your skin is the most obvious form.

Ok now for the fun part! MAKE-UP


Find a good Face Primer. I use Bare Minerals face primer just because it came with a set I purchased. NARS sells a great primer. This just helps your make up set and stay longer.

Second, when finding foundation try and try and try and keep on trying until you find the one that gives you the best glow. I started with Bare Minerals, moved to MAC and am now happily resting with Bobbi Brown.

**Here's an important tip about foundation. Spend more on your concealer, foundation and powder. Spend less on
the eyeshadows, eye-liners, blushs etc. You can SO tell a difference in quality between a cheap foundation and a more expensive one. You get what you pay for. I buy $2 eye shadow that lasts me years. Seriously. But I will pay more for foundation. I switched from MAC to Bobbi Brown. Even though there was about a $10 price increase, I could totally tell a difference in quality.

When picking the right foundation, you have the option of liquid or powder. I prefer liquid...especially because now a days most liquid foundations come with an SPF 15 and moisturizers in them. A lot of
people prefer powder. just use your preference.
  • Make an appointment with different make up counters like: MAC, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder. Have them match you. DON'T BUY right away. Leave. Check yourself out in the sunlight. Ask around. Then if you like, buy it.
  • Its important to have good brushes. You could have gold dusted foundation, but a 4 year old brush. And let me tell ya, it will be a disaster. Change out your brushes about every 2 years if possible. You'll probably need a foundation brush, powder brush for bronzer and blush, a concealer brush, eyeliner and eye shadow brushes. You don't have to buy super expensive ones either.
  • Target has some great brands for some great prices. I really like Sonia Kashuk.
  • Also, to the left is stick foundation. I just got this product for a wedding I was in. Stick foundation works wonders when you are going to be photographed. You would think that the foundation would be cakey. BUT it is not! I LOVE IT. You can also wear it everyday. The down side is that there is not an SPF or moisturizer in it.
Concealer: Bobbi Brown says that you should never leave the house without concealer. EVEN if it is the only make up you have time for. Concealer 'conceals' bags or puffiness under your eyes. Gives you an instant lift. And draws attention to the focal pointof your face. THE EYES!





BLUSH and Bronzer: Nars has a great duo out right now with a bronzer and blush. the
combination of the two gives you that glow you are looking for. Don't over do it though. The key with bronzer is to go all the way down the neck and chest do get the most natural look.

Also, I'm going to be your mother again and remind you to wear sunscreen. Help your face out (except if you are going to take pictures. Put it on after. Sunscreen will make your face oddly glow in pictures).

Finally, I love a good eyeliner. My sister introduced me to liquid liner and I have never gone back. I dabbled in different liners, both cheap and expensive. I have happily landed right in the middle.
MAC's fluid liner is IT. like seriously, this stuff is awesome. It is $8 and the brush you need is $15. I know, I know. The brush was painful to buy. But will last you years...well about 2. Then you should replace it. BUT, it is a necessity when using the eyeliner. They come in extravagant colors and they last at least 6 months to a year! GET EMMMM!


2 comments:

Jasmine said...

I would NOT! recommend the MAC eyeliner. I got some in my eye over the memorial day weekend and had to be rushed to the emergency room. Apparently the bacteria growing in their bottle started to shut down my immune system. DO NOT BUY!!

Alexandra said...

Girlfriend! I am so sorry to hear about your emergency room trip. that is NO good.

BUT, I still highly recommend the eyeliner. I've given many away as gifts and I've heard nothing but great things.

Give it one more try, ya?

P.S. So great seeing you this weekend. You look awesome!